Monday, September 20, 2010

Hood BBQ to Chen Chow in Birmingham & the KISSING COUPLESSS!

So for approximately the past 2 months I have been immobile, well my life has been put on PAUSE, as I call it, due to the recent illnesses I have been going thru (read my 25 things about me...or my about me). This Saturday I just couldn't take it in any longer, I have been at my parents house, because I can't stay alone due to the illnesses, too long and I feel like a kid or something. So Saturday I decided to break all the rules I HAD to! I was doing something if it killed me...hmmm maybe wrong choice of words. So I hit my bestie up like I can't take it I think I am losing my mind, what are you doing today? She stated her homeboy from the block was having a birthday BBQ at his crib and I said our homeboy from college was having a get together in Birmingham for his birthday. This was a tuffy, how do we dress for a BBQ in the hood then dinner in Birmingham? Hilarious right? Well, we both pulled it off we were just over dressed for the BBQ. I wasn't going to be slipping in Birmingham Oh not I, or her...not We! LOL So she was going to come and scoop me. *Doom Doom DOOM! How am I going to tell my parents I'm leaving when they are super over protective over me because of my circumstance. I found some cute clothes to wear, did my hair and paced the floor a couple times thinking how am I going to tell them I'm going to be gone and their not invited to make sure their Princess is ok LOL. I'm like man forget this I'm a grown *bleep* woman lol. I went into the family room as they watch "Why did I get married too" and just said "Ummmm, Vanilla about to come get me and I'm going to some birthday dinners today." You should have saw their face LMBO, they both stared for a second hesitated then said 'okay' I know they didn't want to allow me to go but HEY I'M GROWN...lol I WAS FREEEEEE! I felt so good Vanilla scooped me and we were on our way.

Hood BBQ

The BBQ was close to both of our old hoods funny we grew up blocks away from each other and didn't know each other. Well, ol' boys family was HILARIOUS! I mean they had me in tears laughing. They were cool people. Happy they didn't treat us funny because we were over dressed, you know how people are, but they were real smoove, cool people. Kids playing, laughing, being bad, they had the game of spades going and they food was on point. We chilled over there for several hours as I sat there thinking this will be the last BBQ I go to for the summer, fall is steadily approaching. Well, we left there and went over one of her guy friends house and he invited his boy over. We chilled laughed and kicked it for a few. It may not sound like much to you but try being in the hospital for two weeks and at your parents crib for 2 months then talk to me LOL. I was having a blast!

CHEN CHOWS

We slid out of there and headed back to my parents house to freshen up and then headed to Birmingham.  Chen Chow is right on Old Woodward in the little happening part of Birmingham. It was so nice out. Everyone in their expensive rides and going out clothes, it actually reminded me of a scene in a movie, cute. So Vanilla and I stepped out looking fly we fit right in LOL. We headed in Chen Chow our boy flagged us over they were at he bar shoot we were HUNGRY, we wasn't messing with that but we were gonna show him some love we go way back! Well, there was a group of girls at the bar with them and you know what that means stares, glares and a touch of hating. I really don't get women SMH. So I was my friendly self looked over smiled spoke, they got me twisted I am 25 years old no one intimidates me. We talked kicked it with our boys for a while man I had missed them. Ya'll don't understand when we were in college these were our homies, like 100 grand! The females got a little upset and scurried over to a booth with a huff clearly we stole their attention SMH it never fails. So Vanilla and I told our friends we were going to get a table and EAT! As we were seated by the hostess we got a chance to look around the place NIIICCCEEE! I think I will be back. The staff were dressed in all black, lights were dim had a nice lil playlist playing, great atmosphere and the best part it reminded me of a movie. We open the menu and I look puzzled, ummm excuse me I don't eat sushi...LOL The waiter a cute white guy came to the table flirting and full of jokes he was cool and welcoming. We needed more time, well I did, Vanilla knew she wanted the Tempura Sushi:

Me on the other hand wanted to play it safe, vegetable fried rice with chicken it was...LOL

As Vanilla and I scanned the place we see all sorts of funny things. A Bachelorette and her girls out celebrating, guys & girls mingling, and then we spot the first couple. Snuggled up in a booth the guy is licking the females neck and they are groping each other, drunk all in their little world. Vanilla and I suck our teeth and roll our eyes, I mean this was a ridiculous display of PDA. Like seriously GET A ROOM. I was thinking when your black out at a place like this you don't want to give a bad impression. As soon as I thought that I spotted the fake Jessica Simpson with the too blonde du and her beau tonguing down his hand half way up her skirt and I said welp at least they aren't the only ones. Well, through out dinner our friends came back and kicked it with us, took pictures had some laughs. All the while both couples were still heavily at it! Like I wish I took pictures LOL...
I almost felt uncomfortable because we were in the middle of them both although they weren't right next to us they were close enough. And the white couple kept making eye contact with me, like obvious eye contact I still don't know what that was about. Vanilla and I joked about what the couples were probably saying and why the young black girl had to go to the ladies room every five seconds. And as soon as she did her beau would grab is phone and text away. Man we thought this was hilarious. I guess she had one too many drinks because it looked as that was all they were doing, getting their Drank on LOL. Vanilla and I had a really good time and it was great to see our homeboys again, it had been a minute. Well, we headed to the ladies room and over hear a convo about one of the players for a football team that we kno, how ironic, "ladies ya gots ta be more careful" you never know who people know. We chuckled to ourselves. Life is just too funny sometimes. We headed back to my parents and called it a night. It wasn't much, but it def was FUN TIMES of Chocolate and Vanilla.

XOXOXO Princess Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment