Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Hellos! =) (Thx Montie Girl)

I just want to WELCOME you to MY PAGE...*~*The Princess Lair*~*


This is *~*Princess N the City*~* Sit back, relax & I pray you enjoy your stay! And COME BACK NAH, Ya' Hear! *giggles* =) Yes, "Princess N the City" was inspired by the renowned Carrie Bradshaw, of the ever so popular, ingenious "Sex and the City" television and film series.
I was first introduced to "Sex and the City" in 1999 by my ex boyfriend (ironic right...lol) this was the second season (started in 1998-2004= 94 episodes...hey DON'T JUDEG ME...lol). It was love at first watch. It was just something about Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte & Samantha that I couldn't explain.
It wasn't until I was actually SINGLE and GROWN (I was only 15 then) that I truly appreciated and could identify, with each of the characters in one way or another, and the ART of the show! Thank you Candace Bushnell (the author of the book the show was based off of), Darren Star (creator), Michael Patrick King (director) & all the staff, crew, ACTRESSES & Actors. The show was about Carrie Bradshaw, a columnist and her three bestfriends in New York City, living, loving, losing and learning. And how can I forget FALLING IN & out of LOVE!

Well, that's enough about that if you aren't familiar with the show by now I don't know where you've been living the past 12 years. Any who, in high school I was on the Journalism Team and almost won a scholarship with the Detroit Free Press (I have articles published though *smile*). When I first went to college Journalism was my major I LOVE to write and make a story come to life, as the years went by my passion fizzled. Well, IT'S BACK & with a vengeance! Although this won't in any way be a replica of "Sex and the City, watching the show and witnessing Carrie's passion for the pen took me to a place that I once use to dwell. Only a place where true writer's dwell, and that gave me INSPIRATION & COURAGE to create "Princess N the City". I have SO MUCH to say and now I have an outlet to share. Sometimes I may ramble on so bare with, but I can almost guarantee you won't leave here disappointed. This "blog" although I'd rather call it an EXPERIENCE *wink* will consist of EVERYTHING from My Thoughts, Inspirational Quotes, information regarding the inner city youth, GOD, health, news, being single, speaking to the young ladies of the world, etceteras, etceteras...

Enjoy & don't be shy provide me with feedback I might not bite! *wink*



So just like Carrie and her APPLE, it is I, with My APPLE...


XOXOXO, Princess Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment